Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Back to Work

So it was back to our normal schedule today. It was nice having a few days off, but also nice getting back to the program. It's nice having something to look forward to. Today was a nice suprise. We woke up and it was somewhat overcast like it usually is, but afer awhile the sun came out and the clouds cleared away. Of course I had to take full advantage of the sun while I had it because who knows when it will make it's next appearance. Oh and to everyone's suprise even my own, i got in the pool. Even though the water was pretty cold i got in. At first they were making fun of me because I had to slowly make my way into the water letting my body get used to it. Mark, Julie and Rob kept telling me to just jump in but i had to make the point that I was the first to actually get into the pool. I did eventually dive in and since the sun was shinning it actually felt good. It felt better once i got out and warmed up though! Yep i'm pretty proud of myself :) I didn't stay in it very long because then we had to get ready to go to PT. It was another good day and of course Mark worked hard. Still lots of evercises where they have him move his legs in different ways. It's such a mental workout to because you can see in his face how hard he is working and concentrating. He is getting a lot better at his core exercises so we know his abs are getting stronger and he's learning more control. After PT we met to the supermarket to get a few things. Well that's probably an understatement I went a little overboard. You should never go shopping when you are hungry, It's a good thing we will be here for another 3 weeks :)





The supermarket we go to


Mark working hard as usual



4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is amazing! He is doing so great, I am seriously crying right now, you can probably tell I get pretty emotional. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is he moving his leg? That is so COOL!
    Good job getting in the pool, since you are on a tropical island :).I hope you try some of the fish from the grocery store. I'll bet it is really good! Hope you have a great day!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are both so awesome!!!! We are so glad to see how well everything is going! You are always in our prayers! We love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to be brave Celeste and get into the pool. Way to work hard, Mark. I agree with Michelle--be brave and try some of those unfamiliar things. Who knows???? You may just like them.

    ReplyDelete