Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Jaco Beach

Saturday we took a day trip with Robert, Julie, and their friends Kim and Ronnie who had come to visit. We had a great day after we got over the car sickness problem. The traffic was so bad, Rodolfo had to take a different way and we were late for our first tour, so he was trying to hurry and the roads were pretty curvy. I have trained myself to just fall asleep as Mark knows, and Kim usually gets really car sick so she took something before we left. So the ones who usually get car sick did ok but Robert struggled for awhile and he wasn't sure he was going to make it. Even Julie started to get pretty sick. Luckily we all made it in one piece and no one threw up! We started off with the Crocodile Man Tour which was awesome. They take you on a boat ride and point out different animals and then when they find some big crocodiles, the guy gets out and feeds them. It was crazy!!! We saw some really cool animals and we got to see him feed two different crocodiles. The first one he fed was Tornado who is the alpha male of the area and the biggest one, and the second one was Osama and he is the more aggresive one of the two. The guy just got out with his chicken walked up to them and started flopping the chicken until they came up to him and ate it. It was amazing and crazy. The second one Osama was so close to the boat that Mark could have reached out and touched him. He was really tempted until they told us he was more aggressive and to not stick your arms out. He figured that it was a good idea to listen :) It's amazing what these guides can find! We would be driving along and they would just stop and be like oh look theres a bird or a lizard or something. I could barley see it when we came right up to it, and they were spoting them across the river while we were moving and they are usually camoflauged. It just makes me realize how bad my eyes are and how bad I am at seeing things. I was usually the last one to see it and it was after everyone was pointing it out, but I was still ablot to get pictures of everything. After that we headed to Jaco Beach to eat some lunch which of course was really good. After lunch we did the Canopy Tour which takes you up in a tram with a guide. He points out different things and explains everything to you. I took the ride up but when we got to the top I got out and everyone else continued on down and I did the zip lines down. It was AMAZING. It consisted of 10 different lines and some we conected right from one to another and some of them we had to walk to and get on from there. So I got down by zip lining all the way down and it was incredible. I had an amazing view and it was so much fun. I had 2 really cool guides that made it really fun and they were pointing out and explainaing different trees and plants and everything. I was trying to figure out how I could go on it and still take pictures and follow the rules of holding on with both of my hands. It took me until about the last 3 were I figured 1 hand was all I needed and I attempted to hold the camera in my left hand and try to take some films. It was pretty slopy but I was able to get some and I did not get in trouble. I didn't have any problems with anything so I don't think they cared. So it was another great day and we were all pretty tired when we got home.











If you look close at his beak, he's eating a little fish.

Yep the guy was crazy that's all I can say, but it was really cool to see!!









We are really going to miss our fruit drinks when we leave.


Yes I had to take a picture of this. I thought it was cool because it was a lime but it had an orange center. I just thought it looked cool. I know I'm a dork!

They brought out fresh rolls and this was how they cooked them.

Getting my zip line gear on




One of the zip lines

The view I had when zip lining. It was absolutley amazing. That's the ocean at the very back

On the very last one I passed over Mark and everyone, so he was able to get a picture of me as I was trying to film something.
My zip line guides. They were awesome

They had spiders every where, and they were not little spiders. On our way up in the tram there was a big one right above my head!


It tooks like Mark just got done with PT but he didn't! It was so humid we were both sweating so much and from every where. Yea gross I know :)
This was how Mark had to do down the walk ways and it was really steep at some of them

3 comments:

  1. What a fun day you had. Thanks for sharing with us. Glad Mark obeyed and keep his arm in. The zip line looks fun. We're going to miss reading about your exciting adventures. Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoy reading about your adventures and the zip line sounds like it was amazing. LUCKY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, your pictures all look like postcards. They are awesome. It's amazing how beautiful everything is. The video of the crocodile man is cool, he is crazy. Does he have all his fingers?

    ReplyDelete