Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Opps, a little behind

So i'm a little behind sorry. I guess Monday is were we left off, and of course it was another AMAZING day! Me and Mark went on another tour with Rodolfo as our guide and his cousin Andrea came along because she speaks a little english so she helped translate. Our first stop was the Irazu Volcano which to sum it up, it was simply AMAZING. They warn you that it is really cold up there so to dress warm. You know how much I love the cold but I made sure I was prepared. When we got there the people told us it was to cloudy and foggy so we probably wouldn't see anything. We figured since we had come all this way we might as well take a look. When we got out it was cold and wet, they were not kidding. Since we were in the clouds the mist was just non stop. They have a little coffee shop so we went there first to get some hot chocolate which was very nice! After that we figured we might as well walk down since we were already here knowing we probably wouldn't see anything. We walked down looked at some mist and some clouds, then some more clouds, took some pictures and decided to head back because it was so cold. Since it was so chilly we decided that we needed some more hot chocolate. While Rodolfo put Mark in the car me and Andrea went and got more drinks. We all got in the car and Mark noticed it was kind of clearing up. We could see farther than we could before but we didn't know if was clear enough to see anthing back at the top. I ran back before we got Mark out of the car and all the way up there, just to make sure and when I got there the view was incredible. It had completely cleared off and you could see a lake at the bottom and the color was amazing. It was like an emerald green and just beautiful. We all made it back up and it stayed clear for us the whole time we were up there. I was able to walk around and take pictures (of course) and once we headed back to the car you could see the clouds rolling back in. It was perfect! Once we left the Volcano we headed to a big church that is very important to everyone here. Once a year in August people from all over walk and meet at this church. Rodolfo walked from San Jose which took him over 5 hours and he says people come from farther away. It was a beautiful church and you could tell how important it was to everyone there. It was very neat to see and expierence this with him because you could tell how excited he was to show us because it was so important to him. After the church Rodolfo took us to lunch which was SOOO good. It was typical Costa Rican food, and it was amazing. We had chips and salsa which was very good and our main meal was incredible. Everything was incredible. After lunch we walked right next door to a little market and bought two huge mangos for later. We then went to a flower garden which of course was beautiful. I have never seen so many beautiful and different kinds of flowers than I have on this trip. Of course Mark was loving it because he LOVES flowers. I took a ton of pictures and now Rodolfo and even his cousin know how much I love taking pictures so they were constantly calling my name and pointing things out for me to take pictures of. It was great! So all in all it was another wonderful day! Sorry about the overload of pictures. I can't help it when we see such amazing things. I figure it's easier to see how beautiful things are then to explain and of course I love pictures so I have to share them!



These guys were everywhere when we got there and they would just come up to you looking for food. I think it is their version of a racoon


This is pretty much all we could see when we got there. A whole lot of nothing :)


It was hard keeping our eyes open because the mist was coming straight at us.



A whole new perspective



It was much better the second time around!



Rodolfo taking pictures of me. He would take pictures of me taking pictures :)


The Church was beautiful inside and out

They had such beautiful stained glass windows


The inside was amazing.


Little Pineapples!


I couldn't resist it was so little and cute!

Mark, Rodolfo, and Andrea at lunch

Getting ready to enjoy our food and fruit drinks!


The stuff to the left of the chicken and right above the salad tasted just like potatoes but come to find out they are really bananas. When they are still green they cut them up and cook them and they taste just like potatoes and it was really, really good.

Mark and a huge carrot



It was funny this guy wanted me to take his picture so he could see it and then he wanted to show his wife and friend and they though it was so funny. I just laughed because he was so excited to see himself

Rodolfo was taking our pictures and in this one he wanted us to kiss. We were more than happy to :)


The flowers were so beautiful!! Of course i went crazy taking pictures as you can tell and i only posted a few of what I took





Mark loved these trees. There's a little palm tree on the front and they are not strong enough to hold themselves up so they attatch themselves to bigger trees and wrap around them with their roots and everything. They get so tight they start to indent the tree.


The pathway throughout the garden



This was the view I had most of the time. Them waiting for me or walking away from me since I'm always off taking pictures. The nice thing is they did wait for me and didn't leave me even though i'm sure there were times they wanted to :)







3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you take (and post) so many pictures! They are all beautiful and it is fun to see what you ar up to and the amazing places you are getting to see! We love you and you are always in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I feel like I have been to Costa Rica! Even the clouds parted for you! Isn't that the second time that has happened? Hum, you guys must be pretty cool or special or something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Michelle's comment. . . . .The flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing so many things that we feel like we're almost there. So glad that Eric got to come and visit and that Brad and Carena will be there next week. Hugs! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete