Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pool Day

Today we got up and went to a market to look at things with another couple Rob and Julie who are awesome. Julie is here being treated for MS and they are such a great couple and we get a long with them great. They are alot of fun and it's great to have such good people here with us. The market was fun and we hope to go to some other ones they have here later on. The driving here is pretty crazy or I guess I should say scary. Sometimes it's like the traffic lights and stop signs are optional. The motorcyle drivers are the scariest yet because they just zip in out and there's been times I'm positive we are going to hit them, but we never do. I'm sure that's why they don't have us drive which is a very good thing! I guess they are used to it and it doesn't phase them. Mark had therapy in the pool today which was fun and different for him. It was still an amazing workout. His arms were dead tired at the end and he wasn't sure which was harder the land PT or being in the water. They had him stand up in the pool by going to the edge and pushing himself up so his arms got a good workout. They had him do lots of different excercises which he did really good at. They are hard especially since he has no abs or anything to help control his body. It took a lot of focus so he could control his body, and he did great! I guess they wanted me to get in and help but i didn't know and they didn't say anything so I didn't bring my swimming suit. I tried to help as much as I could standing outside when he was standing up. Next time i will be prepared and bring my swimming suit. I am pretty excited that i'll be able to get in and help. Tommorrow morning we will have our second injection which we are looking forward to. Oh and Mark doesn't really use the excuse of "Doctors Orders" tonight he made dinner and did the dishes and it was excellent! I didn't do anything I was pretty spoiled!!

Rob and Julie






She would pull him in then he had to straighten his legs out
This was hard because he has no abs to sit up but he got the hang of it and did really well

5 comments:

  1. So what exactly do you do while Mark is working so hard, sip a drink by the pool, eat bon bons, or get a pool side massage? Just wondering. After you get one of those parallel bar sets, you should get a pool. It's all in the name of treatment, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to add, I love the videos. Keep doing those, they are so cool to watch. The girls watch them over and over, they LOVE them too! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. Sorry to be so slow to help. Its so much fun to be able to see what your are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're having a great time - what a beautiful place. That workout looks pretty tough. I'm with Michelle - you definitely need to get a pool like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Celeste for sharing with us. We love reading about all the things they are doing with Mark. You have always been such an amazing asset to him and will continue to be so. We just walked in from the Columbia River Temple. You better believe that tons of people are praying for you both--and all those therapists and doctors. YEAH FOR MARK! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete